A quick and easy step-by-step presentation of the gel polish process. It can even be done at home with the right tools and a little attention and creativity.
To prepare your nails for gel polish, you'll need to start with clean and dry nails. This means you'll need to remove any old polish or debris from your nails, and shape them if necessary. Here are the steps you can take to prepare your nails for gel polish:
- Start by washing your hands with soap and water to remove any dirt or oils from your nails.
- Use a nail file to shape your nails to your desired length and shape. Be sure to file in one direction only to prevent damaging the nails.
- Use a nail buffer to smooth out any ridges or unevenness on the surface of your nails.
- Use a lint-free wipe or a cotton pad dipped in alcohol to remove any dust or oils from your nails. This will help the gel polish adhere better.
- Apply a base coat to your nails, making sure to cap the free edge (the tip of your nails) to help seal in the color.
- Cure the base coat under a UV lamp or LED light for the recommended time specified by the manufacturer.
- Apply the color coat, making sure to apply it in thin layers and cure it under a UV lamp or LED light after each layer.
- Apply a top coat and cure it under a UV lamp or LED light.
- Once the nails have cooled down, remove the tacky residue on the surface with a lint-free wipe or cotton pad dipped in alcohol.
Your nails are now ready for gel polish!
Note: UV lamps and LED lights are specific equipment for curing the gel polish, If you don't have one, you can't apply the gel polish.
It's also important to use a high quality gel polish and UV lamp/LED light, that way the application will be smooth and it will last longer.